As a fourteen-year resident of Herriman City, I've been honored to represent you on the Herriman City Council for nearly six years. Through that service, I've gained valuable experience and represented our resident's concerns and desires. I am a guardian and advocate on fiscal and transparency issues that affect our great community.
I commit to:
Provide strong, service-based leadership
Ensure disciplined residential growth
Prioritize focus on quality economic development
Provide excellent & fiscally responsible municipal service
Emphasize city accessibility and communication
In addition to my Council duties, I've been honored to represent Herriman City on assignment to the following committees and boards throughout the valley. I work effectively with elected and appointed individuals at all levels to benefit Herriman City. I am prepared to be your Mayor and will continue to dedicate the considerable time necessary to lead our great city.
- Current Chair of Unified Fire Service Area and Board Member of Unified Fire Authority.
- Board Chair of the Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling District
- Chair of the Association of Municipal Councils
- Legislative Policy Committee voting member, Utah League of Cities and Towns
- Policy Committee Member for the Camp Williams Joint Land Use Study (JLUS) and Implementation Committees
- Council Liaison assignments include Herriman Youth Council, Healthy Herriman, Herriman Garden Committee, Ft. Herriman Days/Rodeo Committee, and Be Ready Herriman committee
- Riverton Senior Center Accreditation Committee Member
- Delegate to the International Council of Shopping Centers convention for economic development
I truly enjoy community service and volunteerism in addition to my City Council responsibilities.
- Current Board Member and Immediate Past Chair of South Valley Services, a domestic violence sanctuary and community resource organization
- Herriman High Band Booster volunteer
- Volunteer Founder (2006) and Chair/Liaison (2006 – 2015) of Be Ready Herriman and Co-chair of Healthy Herriman
- Rose Creek Owners Association Trustee
- School PTA and PTO organizations
click on (+) to expand each section
Thank you for visiting my election website. I applaud your effort to make an educated decision by learning about me and my platform. I’m grateful for resident support and confidence through nearly six years serving you on the City Council. I am an accessible, experienced leader and would be honored to further my community service as the Herriman City Mayor.
I was born in Idaho and moved frequently as my father served in the United States Navy. After military service, my family settled in Utah then moved to Washington State. I attended Brigham Young University where I met and married my husband, Corey. We're the parents of six children, four boys and two girls, ages eleven to twenty-one.
We moved to Herriman in 2003 after falling in love with the friendly neighborhood, parks and trails and small-town community feel. Our family-owned business, Aspen Hills Mortgage, is based in Herriman. I enjoy hiking our beautiful Herriman trails and throughout Utah, traveling, and spending time with my family making memories!
I truly enjoy community and volunteer service. I have served with South Valley Services, a domestic violence sanctuary; Herriman High Band Boosters, school PTA/PTO organizations, the Rose Creek Owner's Association, and Healthy Herriman and Be Ready Herriman city committees. Since election to the Herriman City Council in 2011, I have gained detailed knowledge of city operations, experience serving as a delegate and in leadership on other boards and committees, represented resident’s concerns and desires, and have kept my previous campaign pledges of accessibility, fiscal discipline and engaged leadership.
My priorities as Mayor will include commitment to service-based leadership, continued focus on quality economic development, ensuring disciplined residential growth, emphasizing city accessibility and communication, and providing excellent and fiscally responsible municipal service to residents. I have the knowledge and experiencenecessary to understand issues facing the city and continue my effectiveness as your Mayor.
Countdown to Election Day 2017!
Stay up to date!
Fill out the form below and stay up to date with my campaign!
Herriman City is a beautiful, vibrant and rapidly growing city facing many future opportunities and challenges. We have a dedicated city staff, wonderful residents, and committed volunteers who create the sense of community we enjoy.
I am prepared to lead Herriman’s future as your Mayor and ask for your vote on Tuesday, November 7, 2017!